[wpurp-searchable-recipe]Spiced Butternut Squash Soup – – – [/wpurp-searchable-recipe]
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
- 4 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 can organic coconut milk (BPA free)
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped (garnish)
Roast The Vegetables
- Heat your oven to 350ºF. Take your chopped butternut squash and carrots and massage with coconut oil, cumin, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bake on a cookie sheet for 20-25 minutes until tender. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Assemble The Soup
- Add the vegetable broth and coconut milk to a large pot. Mix together thoroughly. Add the cooled, roasted vegetables to a high-speed blender and in batches with just enough broth/coconut milk mixture to cover. Blend until smooth. Add it back to the soup pot and set it on medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Serve topped with chopped parsley.