[wpurp-searchable-recipe]Flatbread Recipe – – – [/wpurp-searchable-recipe]
- Yield: 4-6 flatbreads
- Category: Bread
- 1/4 cup water, or more (depending on humidity)
- 1 1/8 cups flour (high quality, organic, non-GMO)
- 1/2 teaspoon mineral salt
- Heat pan or griddle on medium high.
- Meanwhile, add flour and salt to small mixing bowl. Slowly add water, working it in with your hand. Mix until dough is slightly sticky (sticks to your hand, but doesn’t leave dough behind). Don’t worry if you add too much water, just mix in a little more flour if you do. Knead until there is some stretchiness to the dough (2-3 min).
- Spread extra flour on a cutting board. Break dough up into 4-6 equal size balls. Rollout the balls with a rolling pin, not too thin though – think thin pita bread, thinner than a tortilla.
- When the pan is smoking hot, add the rounds. Flip when you start to see big bubbles and seared marks (1 minute or so depending on heat). Wrap finished bread in a cloth napkin and store in an air tight container.