In addition to the listed ingredients, you’ll also need a small baking tray and enough baking paper to line it with.[wpurp-searchable-recipe]Raw Creamy Coco-Choc Treats – – – [/wpurp-searchable-recipe]
- Prep Time: 1h 25m
- Cook Time: 12m
- Total Time: 1h 37m
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup full fat coconut cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons date paste (see below for recipe)
- 3 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- chocolate coating (see below for recipe)
- In a saucepan, mix together the coconut cream, vanilla extract, coconut oil and date paste. Heat the mixture gently on the hob, stirring frequently (don’t allow the mixture to boil) until all the ingredients are blended and the coconut oil has melted. Now stir in the desiccated coconut. It should have the consistency of a cake mix. Spoon the mixture into the pre-lined baking tray and spread it out evenly. Place the tray in the fridge to chill until the bars become relatively solid. An hour should be long enough.
- Remove the tray from the fridge and cut the bar into bite sized pieces. The easiest way to do this is by using a pizza cutter. You can remove the slices from the tray and place them on a plate, or if you don’t have a lot of space in your freezer compartment; leave them as they are and freeze like that. However, just be aware that they may be trickier to separate. Place the bars in the freezer for approximately 2 hours. This will make the job of covering them with the chocolate coating much easier.
- The chocolate must be at melting point and the bars frozen for this to work well. It is a little tricky! The job can be made much easier by sticking a metal skewer into each bar before dipping it into the melted chocolate mixture. Quickly remove the skewer and place the bar on a wire cooling tray. Place the bars back in the fridge immediately to allow the chocolate to set. (That’s if you can resist trying one right away!)