Vegan Option: Substitute whole milk with almond or hemp milk and add 2 cups of apple juice, 2 TBSP lemon juice and 1 banana (optional).
Cooking Tip: If you prefer a thinner pudding, add more milk.[wpurp-searchable-recipe]Quinoa Pudding – – – [/wpurp-searchable-recipe]
- 1 cup quinoa
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup soaked raisins, currants, prunes or dried figs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons molasses, raw cane sugar, sucanat, jaggery, turbinado or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup ground blanched almonds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, alcohol free
- 2 cups whole milk (non-homogenized if available)
- salt to taste
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly in a sieve or small strainer. Place quinoa in a medium saucepan and add water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover pan with lid, lower heat, and allow to simmer until all water is absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 25-30 minutes.
- Add raisins, cinnamon, cardamom, sweetener, almonds, vanilla, salt and milk. Cover pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.