[wpurp-searchable-recipe]Gluten Free Wrap Recipe – – – [/wpurp-searchable-recipe]
- Serves: 3 people
- Yield: 6-8 wraps
- Category: Bread
- 1/2 cup Basmati rice, white or brown
- 1/3 cup Urad dahl (also known as black gram) or split mung
- 1/2 teaspoon Fenugreek seed (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon mineral salt
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 3/4 cup water, plus several cups for soaking
- Thoroughly wash the rice and dahl. Add the optional fenugreek seeds and soak in water overnight (at least 6 hours). After soaking, strain and discard the soak water. In a blender or food processor combine the rice and dahl mixture with fresh water and salt. Puree until smooth (should look like pancake batter).
- Heat the griddle on medium high and lightly coat with oil. When the griddle is just about starting to smoke add some batter (about 1/2 cup). Using the flat side of the measuring cup or spoon start to smooth out the batter in circular motions, until its the size of a small dinner plate.
- When the bottom is well cooked (2-3 minutes) add a few drops of oil to the top of the wrap and spread with a spatula. Flip over and allow to cook for another 2 minutes.