[wpurp-searchable-recipe]Gluten Free, Sugar Free, No Bake Apple Pecan Pie – – – [/wpurp-searchable-recipe]
- 2 cups pecans
- 10 Medjool dates, pits removed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt
- dash cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- 6 apples
- 6 Medjool dates, pits removed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons almond butter, optional
- 1 tablespoon raw honey, optional
- pinch Himalayan salt
- pinch cinnamon
- dash cardamom, optional
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- To make the crust, toast the pecans until they are very lightly brown. Put them aside. In your electric blender, macerate the dates. Add the coconut oil and spices and mix. Toss in the pecans and pulse lightly three times, just enough to break up and integrate with the dates, but careful not to turn this into pecan butter.
- Press the crust into a pie dish. Cover with a plate facing up so the slight bowl of the plate presses into the crust and so that the crust is entirely covered. Place in your refrigerator if you have a few hours before filling, or into your freezer if you don’t.
- To make the filling, start with the dates. Blend on high speed until they are completely mashed. Juice your lemon and set aside 1 tablespoon for later. Add the lemon juice, almond butter honey and spices to the dates and blend well. Slice your apples and add. Blend until the mixture starts resembling a very chunky apple sauce. Add the chia seeds. Pulse a few times to blend thoroughly. Pour this mixture onto the pie crust. Spread evenly. Cover (I turn the plate that was sitting on the crust over and use to cover) and place in your fridge. Allow to set at least four hours.