[wpurp-searchable-recipe]Anja’s Sweet Love Pudding – – – [/wpurp-searchable-recipe]
- 1/2 cup Basmati rice
- 3 cups Organic milk (cow, nut, almond)
- 3 fresh, juicy dates, cut into pieces
- pinch saffron
- pinch cardamom
- handful of almonds, chopped
- pinch rock candy (sweet, clear sugar) or Jaggery (sugar cane)
- 1 teaspoon ghee (optional)
- spices and toppings - coconut, cumin, cinnamon or a tiny bit of licorice powder (optional)
- Soak the chopped dates and almonds in 1 cup of milk overnight (or minimum a couple of hours).
- Boil then simmer rice and remaining milk until rice is cooked (about 10 minutes). Add additional milk to make it more liquid if preferred. Add the soaked dates and nuts with the milk. Add spices and simmer for 5 minutes. Add sugar to taste. Add ghee for a bit of extra juiciness.