The spices add a light kick to the tangy sweet and earthy flavor of the carrots that will leave you more than satisfied! Add these carrots to basmati rice, collard greens and dahl as part of a balanced meal.
Augmenting or Extractive: augmenting
- 2-3 cups chopped carrot
- 2 Tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tsp black cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- pinch of salt
- Heat sunflower oil on medium heat and add spices
- Cook until the spices’ aroma comes up
- Add carrots and stir to coat with oil and spices
- Add just enough water to cover the bottom of the pot
- Simmer lightly with the lid on until vegetables are brighter in color
Featured photo courtesy of Morguefile.com.